Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I got what I deserved!!

After doing so fantastically well for the first 6 months of my diet, I've been letting thing slip. So this week I got what I deserved. I put weight on. Only 1½ pounds, but I think it's been enough to give me a kick up the arse.

I started walking to work again this week, after having a lazy couple of weeks taking the scooter. The thing is, I actually really love walking to work. So why don't I do it?

I think the answer is that I've hated exercise so much over the years that I make whatever excuses I can to get out of it. When I actually make myself do it I love it. Wierd.

So yesterday, I went to look for a swimsuit for my holiday. Despite the fact that I'd put weight on, I was still feeling great about my overall weight loss, and I went into the changing rooms armed with 4 swimsuits (I'd already decided on one-pieces, even though I've worn 'tankinis' even at my fattest) in sizes 18-20. On the whole I was pretty pleased. My only problem with the swimsuits is getting enough support for my rather large bazookas. The swimsuit that looked the best on was a halterneck and halternecks put all the 'holding up' on the neck. I couldn't decide whether to buy it, so I put it on hold for today. I'm still not decided.

So that was in Debenhams, I then went on to Evans (which for any non-Brits reading is our fat shop). I picked out 2 swimsuits in there to try on. While I was looking I got chatting with the sales assistant. Another lady joined in and admitted she was trying to pluck up the courage to go swimming, she hadn't been for years. I think she picked up a size 22 or 24 swimsuit. She said that even if she does find the courage to go, she will wear shorts over the swimsuit. I just don't understand. I said to her that I couldn't see the point, I mean I know I'm fat, everyone can see I'm fat, if I were to wear a pair of shorts over my swimsuit, people would still be able to see I was fat, I'd just be a fat person in a swimsuit trying to cover it up. I'm not sure I helped.

I also picked up a few t-shirts in there. I just couldn't resist. They were funky. And I was feeling good about myself. A red one with hearts and a yellow one with lollipops accompanied me into the changing rooms. I picked up my usual size 22/24. The yellow one looked about right, but the red one looked huge, so I took a size 20 instead. The red size 20 was plenty big enough, but the yellow 22/24 was too small. I went to pick up a bigger size and mentioned to the same sales assistant that the sizes were inconsistent. She was wearing the yellow lollipop t-shirt herself and said hers was a 22/24 and I couldn't be any bigger than her. Try another size 22/24. I was thinking - yes, you may be wearing a 22/24, but sausage skin isn't a good look. I'm such a bitch. Anyway, she was right and next one fitted fine.

So that was my day.

This week I will be sticking to the diet and walking every day. I expect to have a good result to publish next week. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh now I have guilt :0(

Love the phase sausage skin made me chuckle lots and your right the shorts over the swim suit is just silly.

James

Donna said...

Don't feel too bad James - I quite enjoyed you force-feeding me curry ;)

Anonymous said...

Ohh kinky I like the sound of that...