Friday, February 09, 2007

We'll still be us ...

"You know, I'm bloody proud of myself for turning my life around and I've never been at all ashamed or contemptous of my former heavier self. " (that was Diet girl btw, not me)

Diet girl answered a question I had been thinking about for a few days with that statement on her blog today.  I've now lost 12 lbs in 4 weeks and have a load more to go, but already there's contempt sneaking in for people-who-are-fat-but-don't-do-anything-about-it.  I guess I'm starting to worry that I will become some self-righteous horrible thing that thinks everyone should do what I have done (and I haven't even done it yet!)

I was relieved to hear that both she and some of her commenters agreed that they feel protective of their former (bigger) selves and proud of what they’d done rather than being loathsome of what they were.

Just thought I’d share that.

3 comments:

scootergoth said...

You will be too busy being a hot momma to be trying to convert fatties into thinnies Donna! Just think about yourself and give others encouragement when they are trying, i know ive lost a feeble amount of weight so far but im really please that you and minxxy have both lost more, im not jealous in the slightest. We are all different and that makes us all interesting......cooeee tiger i didnt realise i could be so deep!

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
thanks for your comment on my blog! (Popped my comments cherry - LOL)
Good luck with your weight loss - all three of you.

Donna said...

Thanks Fi - you are right I will be too busy flaunting myself to worry about my past or other people's fat.

And Thanks Annie, welcome to commenting, look forward to hearing more from you!