Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Fat pussy ...

Both Fi and I stayed the same this week. I'd made some bad food choices this weekend, we were away and I didn't pig out, but I didn't do as well as I could have done.

Friday night we went out for curry. I had Chicken Dansak (like I pretty much always do). I hadn't been out for curry for ages, so kind of felt I was entitled to it. I didn't eat any poppadoms, but I did share a portion of Onion Bhajis with Andy. I also drank a few (ahem) pints of lovely lager. I did dance tho.

Saturday we were visiting Andy's kids and I had a sandwich for lunch (it was a healthy eating one, but I'm not supposed to be eating bread on the Core Plan). And in the evening, we went to Chiquito. It was supposed to be a treat. We only had 2 quarters of Andy's kids so decided to splash out on a more expensive (than we usually go to) restaurant. But neither Andy nor I really enjoyed what we had. I had:

CHICKEN POBLANo QUESADILLA Chicken and chunky vegetables in a Mexican chilli-chocolate sauce with grated cheese, baked in a flour tortilla. Served with Mexican rice and a basket of salad tossed in a sweet onion dressing. £9.45

The chilli-chocolate sauce might have been appropriate for dessert, but for main course I was expecting it to be heavier on the chilli than the chocolate. Alas it was pretty much a syrup. The chicken was barely even there. And with the extreme sweetness of the aforementioned sauce, there was no need to make the salad intensely sweet also. 0/10 Chiquito.

Andy had the same sauce on his steak and didn't enjoy it. Ben and Katie both had burgers, which Katie said were good. I did scrape as much of the sauce out of mine as poss, but I reckon I still had a major sugar overload.

Then on Sunday, after eating moderately at the eat-all-u-like breakfast, I got hungry on the drive home and succumbed to 3 crispy strips from Kentucky Fried Chicken. At the time I convinced myself that it was ok cos I wasn't having chips with it. But it wasn't.

So that was that. I deserved to not lose any weight this week and I have given myself a stiff talking to about it.

In better news - a friend just sent me this link. It's a monster cat weighing in at 33 lbs, almost exactly equivalent to what I've lost now.

No comments: