Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I fear the bubble is about to burst ...

I knew it was going to be difficult to maintain the 6 lb loss of last week, and within a couple of days of my weigh in last week, the scales had crept back up. So I've been furiously exercising and doing my best at eating only foods on the core plan inbetween the 3 eating out occasions of this week. The first of which was an Indian Buffet. I have just realised that buffets are evil. However good you think you are being, the opportunity to fill your plate as many times as you like is just too much of a temptation. The second was an Italian Buffet. Buffets are evil. I started with salad, but then had a couple of slices of pizza. Then I just had to try and little pasta. My plan was to dance it off at the ska do we were heading to. My plan failed. Along with my 7 companions we arrived to find the do had been cancelled. So no chance to dance it off! Yesterday we went to the same Italian Buffet (for my son's birthday). This time I had a plate of salad, followed by another plate of salad with ONE slice of pizza, followed by some fruit salad. I think that was pretty good.

This week I've spent about 5 hours digging/planting at the lotty, walked about 5 hours and I managed ½ an hour of Tae Bo last night (and I managed to keep up this time!!)

Today is weigh in. If I'm very very lucky I'll have stayed the same. I think I was dehydrated last week and this week I have 'the curse'. But I do hate to make excuses, I'll just have to try harder next week.

I resisted Easter Eggs, but did eat a few chocolate buttons whilst decorating my son's birthday cake. I put Andy's Easter Egg in the fridge so it was out of my sight and I took the leftover buttons and smarties round to
Clive's along with the birthday cake. Thankfully the cake was cut after we left. I would not have been able to resist it. Although the kids are on board with my diet and wouldn't have let me have any anyway.

1 comment:

scootergoth said...

Its horrible going out for meals and not being able to eat nice food, foodwise i was ok at the weekend but i drank a lot of lager :O(