Monday, June 04, 2007

Could do better ...

It's weigh in day tomorrow and I'm wondering how I've done and how Fi's done this week. I feel like I haven't really been good enough - I've not done any really bad food things*, and I resisted pudding when all of the kids and Andy all had delicious puddings when we were staying in Southport Thursday night. I'm thinking about writing down what I've eaten starting tomorrow AND cutting down on the alcohol again. I've drunk LOADS this week.

Oh hell, why wait til tomorrow, I think I can probably remember what I had this week:

Tuesday - weigh in - only ½ pound on - hurrah!! Went to London for the day with the lads from work and drank a tonne and had two meals out. 1st meal I had Lasagne. 2nd meal Nachos. Could I have made worse choices? (you don't have to answer that)
Wednesday - back to work for a day - Rice Crispies for breakfast. Went home for salad for lunch, had homemade (good) Shepherd's pie (or Cottage Pie to be correct about it) for tea
Thurs - went to Southport - Rice Crispies for breakfast, roll for lunch (actually 2, tuna/mayo), and a banana. For dinner I had grilled Chicken with a Red Wine sauce and Dauphine potatoes (but I didn't eat them all). Plus I had several pints, but NO DESSERT :)
Fri - eat all u can breakfast, but I didn't, I showed restraint. The kids had a sandwich for lunch, I had a banana. For tea I had jacket potato with cottage cheese. Then I went out to the Northern Soul do I'd put on at the club and drank a skinful!
Sat - Rice Crispies, skipped lunch, had cucumber and (very bad but my absolute fave) McLelland's Seriously Strong Cheddar for afternoon snack. For tea we had Chicken Fajitas (pretty good, made by my fair hand) with lots of salad. And a bottle of wine (between us).
Sun - Rice Crispies, hours of gardening, chicken salad (with left-over refried beans), skipped tea, a skinful of beer (went to Jokers comedy club) then Ryvitas with cheese and marmite before bed.
Mon - Rice Crispies, Ham Salad, Chicken Risotto (good), Sugar Puffs for afters. No alcohol!!

So, basically, I've not done well this week. I resolve to do better.

* Well I didn't think I had, til I continued on to write down what I'd had.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

McLelland's Seriously Strong Cheddar ...mmmm the world's finest cheese!

Donna said...

Oh just show me up!! He's a liar you know ... although I'm told he's been called worse ... ;o)

And yes - absolutely the best cheese in the whole world. ever.