Monday, June 25, 2007

I tried to go swimming today ...

I really did. On my walk to work this morning I took a small detour to get some new goggles (the old ones are letting water in and are so scratched I can barely see out of them). The sports shop I detoured to was closed! So I walked up to JJB Sports - a shop that really is a last resort - I FUCKING HATE THAT STORE!!! JJB wasn't open yet. It was 9:15am. Fuckers. So I gave up and having lost time faffing about, got the bus to work.

At work I went on yell.com to see what other sports stuff shops still exist in Ipswich. Yell said that there was one in the Buttermarket centre.

So. Lunchtime. Where in the Buttermarket? I don't fucking know. I had a look round then gave up, resigned to the fact that I'd have to give JJB my business. On the way to JJB I saw a shoe shop with a sale. It had a magnetic effect on me. I bought the cutest pair of sandals for £27 reduced from £55.

Then to JJB. It hadn't improved. I queued behind 5 other people while one person served. There were many customer service assistants milling about the store, but as I've been informed previously ... they are not till trained. Then a man in a suit came over, who I thought may have been the manager. But no, he was the security guard. Then another white-shirted woman went behind the tills, asked CSA 1 which till she was using, put some change in both tills, picked up a clipboard, then walked away. Grrrrrrr ... I did my very very best to remain calm, at least on the outside. When I eventually paid for my goggles I realised the time, realised I didn't have enough time left to go swimming and thought (you can stay calm, you don't need to be pissed off about this) "I'll just have a nice walk back to work. I'll listen to some music and walk. This will make me feel better." So I started my walk back to work. Then it started to rain.

I was already sad. I think it was just a misunderstanding between Andy and I, but it resulted in me getting the cold shoulder and Andy not sleeping and then a text msg or two. I was (and still am) trying to not let it get to me. I continued on in the rain. Then I was stopped by the Allotments Officer (that's not her exact title, but you get the picture). "Oh Donna, I need to speak to you. I think your fella's fallen out with the Field Secretary. There's been an altercation about digging up pathways and I'm told that your fella was F'ing and blinding at the Field Sec." Ah, okay then. I'll ask him about it when he's speaking to me again then. At this point I considered turning back to go to the pub. But then I remembered that I'm 2 lbs off 3 stone now. I'd already wimped out of swimming, I'm out for a few beers with a friend tonight and I really really want to lose that 2lbs this week. So I bit my bottom lip and returned to work!

No comments: