Friday, March 23, 2007

I feel like a new person …

I’ve lost 22 pounds so far on this diet and already I feel like a new person. I have a spring in my step, my clothes feel different – mainly more comfortable, but also just different. I’ve had to consign some clothes to the too big pile – which also feels really great. I can put my shoes on without almost asphyxiating myself (all the fat bunches up and squashes the air out of your lungs when you’ve got a huge spare tyre).

And, people are starting to comment that they can see I’m losing weight.

Yesterday I read some of the blog of
YP. She started her weight loss journey from about the same weight as me and she’s lost over 100 pounds. What inspired me most about her story is that she now runs. Yes runs!!!! I’ve never been able to run. At school sports day I was always last, at cross-country I didn’t even bother to run, I co-erced a couple of friends into walking at the back with me. YP’s now know as “one of the fast female group” in the running club she has joined and people there don’t even know that she was once a fatty. I just find that so inspiring. That you can go from being morbidly obese (I think that’s what my starting BMI said about me), to being a proper runner. YP has now been at her goal weight for a year. Huge congratulations to you!!!

I’ve never felt so positive that I will achieve my goal.

No comments: