Friday, March 09, 2007

Small change?

Each week when I get weighed at Weight Watchers, I'm amazed at the weight I'm losing. I've thought how jammy I am to lose it (and have had such comments made), but this morning when I was making the kids' sandwiches, I realised just how much my eating habits have changed.

1. Cheese
I've cut my hard cheese consumption right down to almost nothing (allowing the occasional small amount grated in a salad, just so that I don't suddenly go "I've not had cheese for 8 weeks!!" - and eat a whole block.

2. Bread
I've cut out sandwiches for lunch (and have salad instead) and any other bread other than the occasional slice of pizza (twice in 8 weeks). At the weekend I had a "Sub" for my brunch, but hastily changed my order from a Breakfast Sub to a Chicken Salad Sub when I saw the amount of fat on the meat.

3. Butter
Just not having any.

4. Eating between meals
Nothing apart from fruit/carrot/celery sticks.

5. Fruit
I'm making a concious effort to eat it. Not a big fan, but I'm allowed it and it stops me from picking at other stuff if I'm hungry between meals. I'm also treating myself to fucking expensive plums from M&S.

6. Water
I'm drinking more water, less coffee at work. At home I drink tea, but also more water, less beer.

So, I don't need to feel grateful for the weight I'm losing, or guilty that others aren't doing so well. I'm doing what I have to do to lose the weight. I've not even touched a crisp or chocolate for the duration of the diet so far (8½ weeks). I've been witnessed drinking halves instead of pints at the pub. I've been walking like a person with no car/bike/scooter/bus service. I'm doing it and I'm doing it well :D And most of all .... I think I can keep it up!!!!

2 comments:

No one Really said...

You are doing very well indeed, and everything you are doing is just changing your eating habits rather than dieting as such. You’ve started a healthy eating plan, which you can continue long after you’ve reached your goal weight.

Well done Donna, I’m very proud of you (not that I’ve ever met you).

Donna said...

Cheers Paul :D