Monday, March 26, 2007

Yes, a salad!!

I ate out twice on Friday. For lunch we went to Gusto for lunch. Gusto is great. It's £5.99 at lunch time and you serve yourself (as many times as you like) from lovely fresh salads, pasta and pizza. I had a tonne of salad and two small slices of pizza. Then in the evening I went to Prezzos. I took the car as I knew that if I drank I would not be able to control the amount I ate. Plus the ladies I was meeting had booked a restaurant in Woodbridge, so my options were limited to complex buses (i.e. more than one), expensive taxis, phoning my Dad or driving. I chose 'Pollo Siciliana' which came with either fries or 'gratinated potatoes' (that has to be an americanism if ever I heard one). When I ordered I was offered fries, potatoes or salad with my chicken. I chose salad (can you see my halo? can you?). When the plate arrived there was a tiny side salad which I was very disappointed about, but then they brought me a second plate of salad with it! I was really pleased about and it was really lovely. When I was telling Andy about it after, he said "You sound really excited. About a salad." (quizzical look). And yes I was. How times change :D

I also resisted starters and desserts of which my fellow diners indulged in.

1 comment:

scootergoth said...

I must admit i dont get too excited about salad, on the very few occassions ive ordered it when eating out, i have been really disappointed.
On another note ive not been too good this week, although ive had to walk to work for the past couple of days, i had some bad news this week and also went out for a family meal on Sunday to celebrate my Mum and Dads Ruby Wedding Anniversary.
Good luck for today Donna and I will be logging back in later to see how much more you have lost xx